AXIS Dance Company is offering an AXIS Immersion Apprenticeship from May 1 through August 31, 2013.
- Are you between 19 & 21 years old?
- Do you have a physical disability?
- Do you love to dance and move?
- Are you aspiring to have a career in dance?
Then AXIS Dance Company wants you!
AXIS, one of the worlds leading professional physically integrated dance companies, will provide aspiring dancers with disabilities a comprehensive on-the-job training that is vital for becoming a professional dancer.
- Attend performances, school assemblies, outreach events and all classes that we teach through our studio program, in the community and in residencies.
- AXIS’ Physically Integrated Summer Intensive, a week-long course attended by dancers from all over the world that culminates in a showing of work created by participants during the week.
- Perform with AXIS in a flashmob commissioned by the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival in July
- Learn from renowned choreographers
- Gain knowledge about the history of physically integrated dance and its contribution to contemporary dance and disability culture.
The ideal candidate is:
- Between ages 19-21
- Eager to learn
- Has a passion for movement, dance and exploration
This apprenticeship is made possible through funding from the Rose F Kennedy Foundation